Thursday, July 15, 2010

Entrapment -- a new short story

Below is my newest short story. Enjoy and feel free to leave any feedback.


Entrapment

He doesn’t know I know he’s been seeing her for the past week. But he can’t hide the red remnants I see on his collar; he can’t betray the luscious crimson hiding in the corners of his mouth.

I wonder how they met. I wonder if he sees her at lunch everyday.

I am better than her, and today, I’ll make him choose.

My car is parked behind the second set of apartments – where he can’t see it.

I reside in the bathroom. Door shut. In front of the mirror. I’ve bathed. Doused myself in an ambrosial elixir of pheromones.

My lips pulse, dabbed with a goddess-gloss in pink. Failure is not an option.

Carefully, I liquefy black lashes and press them to my own. They mold to one another, bringing the lust of life to my irises dancing.

My skin glistens with the flawless dew of desire.

I let my hair rest on my bare chest, the long dark locks encapsulating the prize beneath.

I hear the lust of appetite jingling at the door. It’s him. The letch fumbles into the kitchen.

Pause.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment,” he says.

My entire being feels like leaping out at him . . . but I must force myself to calm down.

I wait.

One Mississippi.

Two Mississippi.

Three.

Quietly, I open the bathroom door, my body taut and stunning in it’s nakedness. He hasn’t heard me. And I catch him with her.

Confrontation. I clear my throat so he will see me. So I can make him choose me over her.

But he just stares at me. Stunned.

Seductively, I approach him, long legged and glorious. I throw my right leg across his midsection and gracefully slide into his lap. Gently, I kiss his neck while running my fingers through his hair. The heat from his body seeps into my bare skin. I ignore the tramp beside me.

He huffs and rolls his eyes. “Jess, I just wanna finish my cherry cheesecake.”


2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love it...your words paint such a detailed picture. Very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love love :) <3 Sooo is the tramp the cheesecake? Just wondering lol

    ReplyDelete